Who doesn’t enjoy walking into their home and to be greeting by the scent of fresh flowers? It’s even better if those same flowers also look great in your home. Many people would like to have flowers in their home but just don’t know how to take care of them. Do you wonder why your roses always wilt within a day? Here are the three most common mistakes that people make with flowers:
1. Not changing the water often enough: this causes bacteria to form in the water and the flowers to wilt faster.
2. Not cutting the stem: this causes the flowers to not absorb enough water
3. Not using care products: always use care products for your flowers, this ensures that the bacteria are killed and the flowers have the proper care.
So how do you make sure flowers stay alive longer? Read these tips!
1. Before buying flowers, you have to ensure they are fresh. You can do this by checking whether the leaves are yellow and limp.
2. Trim them a little: after you have bought the flowers and removed the packaging, cut a small piece off the stem with scissors.
3. Cut the stem at an angle of 45 degrees: this ensures the flowers can better absorb the water.
4. Use a clean vase: before putting the flowers in a vase, first clean it with hot water and a little bleach to remove bacteria.
5. Never leave your flowers in direct sunlight or in a place where it is dry.
6. Never leave your flowers close to fruit: this is because ripening fruit releases a substance called ethylene that causes your flowers to wilt faster.
Hopefully, these tips will help you keep your flowers alive longer! 😉